Founded in 2021, Alakoko is a community-based, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization focused on inspiring creativity, increasing accessibility of local products, and connecting community.
We are Kauai's House of Makers where you can support local artists and makers. Alakoko also assists with education and opportunities that strengthen Kaua'i small businesses. We believe stronger small businesses are key to a stronger community which provides higher quality of living for locals, better employment, and housing; all while keeping a more circular stream of wealth on island for our future generations.
Alakoko pays tribute to the hands that made the fishpond 600 years ago. Alakoko means “road of blood” and is the essence of the local entrepreneurs past and present who put their blood, sweat, and mana into creating something special.
Want to get involved?
Donations go toward providing some of the following for small businesses:
- A safe home to sell and market their products
- Educational and skills workshops
- Opportunities to advertise and acquire quality media to effectively promote their business
- Travel opportunities to expand audience in neighbor island
- Funding to expedite the build of the Alakoko e-commerce platform
- Assistance with finding grants and opportunities for manufacturing and expansion
- Employ key team players dedicated to Alakoko's mission
Two ways to help
Address: 2976 Kress St. Lihue HI 96766
*Every 2nd Saturday of the month Kress St. has a Night Market and our shop is open 12-8*